Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A new shirt from a pillowcase

I love to thrift store shop and most of the "junk" I bring home gets turned into something else. I never know what I'll find at the thrift store so it's always exciting to see what I come home with. When I saw this post: http://bkids.typepad.com/bookhoucraftprojects/2010/03/project-55-spring-wardrobe-update.html I knew it was a project I wanted to do. In a nutshell, the link offers a tute on how to take an embroidery image and put it on a shirt. I was getting frustrated at not being able to find anything, but then stumbled across this pillowcase for a whole 50 cents.I used fusible hem to attach it to the shirt because that is what I had on hand and I'm too impatient to wait until I got the fusible stuff mentioned on the tute. It worked great. I can see the fusible hem when I look closely at the image, but if you didn't know it was there, you wouldn't notice it. I also sewed around the image as well.
My daughter was very excited about her new shirt. I am going to get a tank top for the other bird on the pillowcase. This was a fun and super easy project to do. Now I can't wait to go thrifting again and hopefully find some more cute images for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment