Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Lego birthday party

This past weekend we celebrated my son's 7th birthday. He wanted a Lego themed party, which was really fun to do. I made a Lego brick cake, decorated plain red and yellow gift bags to look like Lego bricks, and even the invitations were Legos. Everything was decorated in red, yellow and blue. For the first time I used gel food coloring for the frosting on the cake. For once I had frosting that was actually red and not pink! I will be getting some more of that in the future. I also found some cool buckets at the dollar store that we dumped all my son's Legos into. The kids had a blast putting together all kinds of creations. For the gift bags I put in the normal gift bag paraphernalia like candy and little trinkets, but I also found some fun Lego themed things as well.

The first was this soap from mommyslittlecritters. Find the shop here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/mommyslittlecritters

I also got these cool crayons from lilbooandco. Find the shop here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/lilbooandco

We had a couple of kids that couldn't make it so we had a couple of crayons and soap leftover to play with. The kids loved both products very much. They were hit a for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment